About the Mix:: This mix was a combination of tracks that I have been listening to for a while and some new tracks that I have been really loving and just needed an excuse to push purchase on BeatPort.com. I updated from to Ableton 10 which, I had had for about 10-days, and then found out Ableton 11 was available and wanted to get the new engine. If you follow my show the Dailey Blend Show (Talking Podcast Vs. House Music). You will know, I just got access to Beatport’s new DJ App and will try to record episode 137 using that App. More to come on that.
DJ Setup:: I love different DJ Software and gear and have had the great pleasure of getting to review some of the finest pieces for the last 10 years of my life. As such, I thought it only right that I share what software, gear, and equipment that I use to make my mixes.
- Software: Ableton Live
- Software Set-Up: Two channels, 3-Band EQ, Compression, Track Volume. Then I use the send and return for the delay, ping-pong delay, and reverb.
- Controller: DJTT Midi Twister
- Controller Set-Up: I mapped column-one to channel-One and controlled my Low, Mid, High. Then I use the fourth button to control my volume. I did the same set-up with column two and mapped it to channel two. I used the first three knobs in column three to map to my three return channel efx (delay, ping-pong, and reverb. Matching that on column four to my return channels mapped in channel two.
Stream and Download the Episode Below
Mix Tracklist01. Kollektiv Turmstrasse – Last Day (David August Revision)
02. Elif (TR), Sanoi – Bamboo Forest (Original Mix)
03. London Grammar – Hell to the Liars (KÃlsch Remix)
04. Hot Since 82 – Therapy feat. Alex Mills (Magdalena Remix)
05. Gorgon City – Roped In (Extended Mix)
06. Tiga, Kolsch – HAL (Original Mix)
07. Thimble – Opposite (Clemente Remix)
08. Fairmont – Plastic Head TV (Original Mix)
09. Moonwalk – Galactic (Original Mix)
10. Patrice Baumel – Surge (Original Mix)
11. Monkey Safari – Safe (Original Mix)
Like, Follow, and Subscribe to Dailey Blend and Reed Dailey across the following social channels.