Welcome to the first installment of Dailey Brew. Each month we will feature a speciality cocktail or beer we feel defines our current vibe and moment in time. We hope you enjoy reading about all the crazy things our friends and I come up with and more importantly, we hope you enjoy drinking them more.
With that said, our head honcho Reed Dailey, is getting married this month. So in the spirt of celebration, we thought it would be a great idea to kick off this segment with a cocktail that is equal parts fall, fun, and manliness.
Based on The Maple Leaf, this Champagne cocktail is made with lime instead of lemon, and of course with the welcomed addition of sparkling wine.
- 1 ounce Scotch whisky (we recommend Macallan 12)
- 1 ounce real maple syrup
- ½ ounce lime juice
- 3 ounces sparkling wine (Prosecco works too)
- Measure the Scotch, maple syrup and lime juice into a cocktail shaker
- Add a strong handful of ice, put the lid on the shaker and shake shake shake
- Strain the mixture into a champagne flute. Top with the sparkling wine.