Each week our ‘Friday Top Five’ segment, we feature five things we thought were interesting, notable, or culturally significant. This week we are showcasing two stories on Anthony Bourdain, DIPLO ‘Thomas Wesley Pentz goes to College, Flag Nor Fail brings the summer heat, and I drop a Summer Mix.
You can get this episode and all previous episodes on such great platforms as Apple Podcasts, Google Podcast, Spotify, Stitcher Radio, and Overcast. Don't forget to hit that subscribe button and have all the episodes downloaded automatically to your device.
Stream and Download the Episode Below
Overview: It’s not where you go. It’s what you leave behind . . . Chef, writer, adventurer, provocateur: Anthony Bourdain lived his life unabashedly. Roadrunner: A Film About Anthony Bourdain is an intimate, behind-the-scenes look at how an anonymous chef became a world-renowned cultural icon. From Academy Award®-winning filmmaker Morgan Neville (20 Feet From Stardom, Won’t You Be My Neighbor?), this unflinching look at Bourdain reverberates with his presence, in his own voice, and in the way he indelibly impacted the world around him.
Link: RoadRunner | Youtube
Story-2:: Anthony Bourdain's 20 favorite songs of the 1970s
Overview: So Anthony Bourdain has a new book out with co-Author Laurie Woolever ’World Travel: An Irreverent Guide’ so there is a fair bit of press going on. One of the stories that caught my attention was the playlist that CNN asked the TV chef to pull together a list of his 20 favorite songs of the seventies. The tracklist is straight fire and if you watched any of his shows, you know how much he loved his 70’s rock.
Story-3:: DIPLO ‘Thomas Wesley Pentz goes to College
Overview: Thomas Wesley Pentz, better known as Diplo, is one of the most dynamic forces in music today. The Grammy-winning artist is as much an international brand as he is a musician, DJ, and producer. The founder of both his global dancehall outfit Major Lazer as well as the record label/culture lab Mad Decent, Diplo is also one of pop’s most in-demand producers and has worked with artists such as Beyoncé, Justin Bieber, Madonna, Bruno Mars, and many more. He continues to tour the world over with Major Lazer and under his own moniker and is set to headline numerous festivals worldwide this summer including Bestival.
Story-4:: Good Summer Collection is here!!
Overview: I came across the husband-wife combo of Rob and Dana. Both are heavy into the fitness world with a slew of brands and great storytelling YouTube channels. One of their brands is Flag Nor Fail which is a sort of street/gym/lifestyle gear. Their Good Summer Collection just dropped and if you are into 90’s nostalgia, and loved Baywatch, then look no further! Can’t wait to get my new 4inch shorts. Yup you read that right
Story-5:: Reed Dailey Presents - Summer 2021
Overview: It has been a long couple of months for everyone. Thankfully, summer is finally here. To help take it to the next level, add to that pool time vibe in the all-new ‘Summer 2021’ mix available on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Mixcloud & Youtube.
- Ben Delay – Freedom (Original Mix)
- Pat Lok – Salvation (Treasure Fingers Remix)
- Poolside & Panama – Can’t Stop Yout Lovin’
- Chris Malinchak – These Dreams
- The Brothers Macklovitch – Give Love To Get Some (Feat. Leven Kali)
- Chris Malinchak – When The World Stops Turning (Original Mix)
- Tame Impala – Breathe Deeper (Hoodboi Remix) [FREE DOWNLOAD]
- Chris Malinchak – Cellophane
- Duck Sauce – Ask Me (Official Audio)
- 5 Reasons – Now What?! – Disclosure x 5 Reasons x Jamie A
- Charlotte Cardin California (Nomis Remix)
- Hoodboi – Music (In Your Eyes)
- Siente – On Guard (feat. Nic Hanson)
- A-Trak – Not A Mystery
- Kraak & Smaak – Aftersun (Extended Mix)
- A-Trak – Voulez-Vous
- Soda StateWay To Go (Club Soda Mix)
- Clear Mortifee – So Much More (Hoodboi Remix)
- Crooked Colours – No Sleep (Louis La Roche Remix)
- Kryptogram – Get It Right (feat. Barney Bones & Dooley)
- Fred Falke, Zen Freeman & Ten Ven – So Good (feat. Kelli-Leigh)